David A Lxs

Verified Reviewer

It's all about the app. No one at customer service was trying to get a scanner since app not showing several digital coupons. at checkout guy with key was no where to be found. Line of people forming

I left what I was attempting to buy at the register and went home since a line was forming at the only open register. There was no one in customer service, the app was not working properly with the digital coupons, and the guy who had the override key was nowhere to be found.

Even the cashier couldn't find them. I tried to get a scanner first since I knew there was going to be a problem, but there was no one in customer service. The bottom line is, if there's a sales item, why do you need a digital coupon? Just go back to the way it was.

Is it a sale or not? I do not want to and should not need to use your app. I'll stick with Costco where the price is what it is and if it's on sale, you don't need an app.

Fix your store; this is your problem, not mine. Stop wasting everyone's time.

Pros:
  • Good pharmacy prices
Cons:
  • Not customer friendly
  • Useless app

Preferred solution: A properly working app or no digital coupon needed just phone number

User's recommendation: Go elsewhere unless you don't mind wasting your timetime

Jack M Wac

Verified Reviewer

Violations or return policy and customer abuse

Hi, so I went to your store number 444 to return an item. My wife bought because it was the wrong brand didnt have receipt.

It is listed on your corporate website that you can return an item up to 30 days with or without receipt. Without receipt you can get a store credit instead of cash back or back on the card Im fine with store credit cause Ive had to bring stuff back before now you advertise that you can bring it back at corporate policy no questions asked well your store manager or whoever this lady is it looked like she was a child and sure wanted to act like one by telling me she didnt *** have to give it back to me. Its at her discretion and the fat *** behind the counter, giving me attitude because I told them its policy that Ive done it before. Brought *** back when I had to without receipt and they wanted to give me crap about it When I explain to them corporate policy I have the decision to override that Im sorry, but I come from a family of attorneys and judges.

They dont have the authority to override corporate policy unless you guys false advertising that you can do a return with or without receipt to come down to a false advertising lawsuit, but your supposed manager that looked like she was 12 years old the name, Anne Haley, who wanted to act all high and mighty and tell me she doesnt have to follow policy that she can discretionary at all if she wants thats not how that works your policy states online and on your website for corporate policy and I already had my uncle who is a lawyer look it over there is no mention that states the manager can override that corporate policy unless of course as a stated you are false advertising then I will file a lawsuit on you for false advertising but this lady right here is going to be lucky if I dont follow a consumer abuse lawsuit on your company because your manager that looks like a 12-year-old wanted to be an *** now you can either do something about your *** manager that works the front desk in the morning or youre gonna find yourself in a *** lawsuit, because I will not be disrespected at your *** store for bringing back a *** item that was wrong. That is your policy to take back. It wasnt opened was never used. It was simply brought back now if your company ever does this again and the fact is I may file lawsuit anyway because Im *** tired of being talked down to a 12-year-old looking little *** *** at your store that states shes a manager because she wants to violate corporate policy because she feels all high and mighty working at *** Stop & Shop as a manager either something is done to this *** in the fat cow in the morning at your location 444 or there will be a *** lawsuit.

I may just file one anyway because I shouldnt have to deal with this *** This is consumer abuse violating of corporate policy which if its not your policy, you advertise it everywhere on your website and everything and Ill just file a false advertising lawsuit on top of a consumer abuse charge , do something about these *** I will, and for the record if they tried denying that they cussed at me or disrespected me, or tried to tell me, they dont have to follow policy. My wife was on the phone, listening to the whole conversation

Preferred solution: I want your child looking manager, and the fat old lady behind the counter that wanted to be rude and try to violate policy with the fired and I want proof of it

Christine C Bat

| map-marker North Smithfield, Rhode Island

Sale Flyers sent to Elderly and Disabled High Rises

I know this complaint may sound very minor, but believe me it is a major issue for the customers in the Woonsocket RI Elderly, and Disabled High Rises. They recieve ongoing Sale Flyeres weekly for Bellingham, MA.

This store and our RI store do NOT honor the Sales of items which are different from each other. For example, I am a Home Health Aide that does a LOT of shopping for clients in Woonsocket RI, I am weekly faced with shopping for items which are shown in my client mail flyer, but the sale is not honored because the zip code on the flyer is from MA !!! The manager came to the register at Woonsocket, RI one time when I was showing him my client's flyer for Bacon, his reply was that I would have to shop in Bellingham if I wanted that item. He was rude, and he did not want to explain the situation further.

How can this be changed??? My clients are important to me, and I feel they cannot get out, and they rely on me to get their needs at the prices they expect.

I am hoping that Stop & Shop can come up with a better solution to meet my clients needs. Thank You for listening.

Preferred solution: Please have Stop & Shop main headquarters look into the mailing of their Sale FLyers, make sure the sales are in the area they mail to, and not in another state.

Christine Ots

| map-marker Milford, Massachusetts

Self check is not user friendly

Milford, MA location

Only one cashier open on Friday morning at 10:00a.m. I frequently use self check when I shop but your system is awful.

It is too sensitive..every time I scanned it said I needed assistance. I use my own bags..why does it need to know how many I have? Who cares? I put down my bananas and it said i needed asdistance.

I scan my items and put them in my bag and it says to place my item in the bagging area. Assistance needed. Some sale items don't show up until the end. I bought buy 2 get one free raspberries/blackberries..there were no blueberries in the display with the sale sign.

Evidently it was blueberries and not blackberries included in the sale. It literally said I needed assistance for my entire order except for 2 items. I really hate this store..but sometimes it's more convenient and I try to give it another chance. Please fix your self check or hire some real people to scan and bag.

My favorite store is Market Basket because there is always plenty of cashiers, baggers and no self check! Your prices should be lower because there are no cashiers to pay!

Cezar Slb

They charge what they charge. If you cannot afford what they charge put some food back and see if your government can help you.

Zachary P Mev

Sadly these things happen all the time. At another store brand, the cashier was yelling at an autistic customer because the machine was not working.

She made her cry, and blamed her. My dad went into the store and yelled at her in front of everyone, saying that you she has no right to blame the customer for something that is not her fault, especially one with a disability. When the manager intervened and threatened to kick him out, he said he can take them to court since the lady was blaming a disabled customer and harassing her for something that is the store's fault. That if the manager does not take action he will get the courts to take action.

We have no issue with the machines not working, not the employee's fault, but here the issue was blaming the customer, a disabled one for this. Lots of customers took our side and the cashier at the self check outs was embarrassed. He just wanted to make sure she did not do this to another customer.

To teach her a lesson. It probably worked.

View more comments (1)
Lori H Ogd

| map-marker Attleboro, Massachusetts

South Attleboro Location

I have shopped at this location since it opened. That was many years ago!

I am now done. I will be taking my business elsewhere, most likely Market Basket.

There is an unbelievably ignorant and rude young man named Brandon in the self-checkout area on weekday mornings. He was so horrifically rude to me one day that I actually went home and called the store manager. This is something I have never done before.

In 65 years on this planet, I have never been so aggravated that I felt that I had to do this.

I spoke with the manager at length. She assured me that Brandon would be moved to an area where he would not be dealing with customers. She told me that he had been spoken to about his attitude before and so they would most definitely be moving him.

Well, he was there last week, and he was there again this morning. I filled out a survey explaining my aggravation towards the situation.

I am now writing to you. But I am done with Stop & Shop. I will make absolutely sure that I spread this word to everyone and anyone I know, including social media. I do not appreciate being lied to by a store manager!

Unbelievably beyond unacceptable! When you fail, I wonder if you'll even wonder why.

Signed,

One lost customer in a long line of many I'm sure!

Pros:
  • Close to home
Cons:
  • Brandon

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don't shop at this location or at least avoid the self checkout

Stephanie p Lfn

Pissed off

I am writing because after 18 years, I am no longer a customer.

During the Easter Sunday service, I got an alert from Capital One Care stating it is okay to charge $745.79 at your market in New York. I declined the charge.

I was so upset I could not do my song on Easter Sunday.

On Friday, March 5th, I received from my back that my daughter's tuition check and my credit card payment was declined. I called the bank to find someone in New York at your Stop and Shop and was charged $564.00. The charge went through, but my account needs to be fixed. I have to go to the bank and move some funds around to pay my bill.

I did some digging, and Stop and Shop was the cause of this nightmare.

Someone hacked my account. Did the person change my email address, password, and home address to your store in New York? Then, they did a pick-up and went on their merry way.

Why was I never notified that my email address had been changed? Why did I receive an email that my home address and password had changed?

I trust that my credit card will be safe. I know I can't get my fee back, and I know I am just another customer who lost a large sum of money to fraud, but this hurts.

I will no longer be a customer after I get my money back.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: no way

Kelly Q Vkd

My app is not working

My stop and shop app is not working properly it will not let update and I cant use it for the first time not working for me

Preferred solution: Apology

Lera Krw

| map-marker Pittsfield, Massachusetts

Bad Experience

top and Shop what happened? Why does Stop and Shop leave me feeling frustrated and disappointed after I tried to give them some positive feedback??

I had an issue while shopping at Stop and Shop Supermarket a week ago. Management didn't rectify the issue to my satisfaction so I waited a few days and decided to place a call to voice my concerns with their corporate headquarters. The representative that I spoke to was attentive and listened to everything I wanted to say. After I spoke, she put me on hold while she typed a report of our conversation.

After a brief hold, she came back on and told me that, " I've filed the report on your behalf and someone will be contacting you within the next 24-48 hours to discuss this further". I thanked her for her time and hung up the phone. That was last Tuesday, 48 hours has long gone. It is now the following Monday.

So much for listening to your customer base, you've left me disappointed. The appeal of your store is more about your employees than anything else. They are both friendly and helpful and that is the most postiive qualities that your store has.

When I decide to shop your store again and the next time I'm at the register and the cashier hands me my reciept saying that you want to do a Customer Survey to ask "How are we doing?" I have suggestion. Why not keep your promise and follow through on your word, contact your customer as you said you would, and really see how people feel about their shopping experience.

Featured
Brian P Amu

Verified Buyer

Poor/ bad meat conditions

Stop And Shop - Poor/ bad meat conditions
Stop And Shop - Poor/ bad meat conditions - Image 2
Stop And Shop - Poor/ bad meat conditions - Image 3
Stop And Shop - Poor/ bad meat conditions - Image 4
Brown and bad meat unsaleable in your cases. Sale items non existent or poorly cut and too thin to even cook. Strange the DMs office is in this store and this is the quality that is permitted. Chuck steak had more fat than red meat. Beef stew was so brown the label was bloody. Pork chops with black bones. As meat cutter for 50 years I was embarrassed by this display case. It was a disgrace for a visit at 4 pm in the afternoon.
Cons:
  • Prices are expensive quality means more

User's recommendation: Go to Shop Rite in Ronkonkoma! It’s worth the trip!

Krista P Klu

| map-marker Peabody, Massachusetts

Pending charge never released after spending over $1000.00 this month cash!

I don't trust Stop and Ship. I'm no longer shopping there any longer. Their customer service is useless. They all say different stuff about the same issue. *** could so many people have absolutely no clue. They made my account go into the red and caused so many extra fees. They offer no help either.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: I was a customer for decades. I was always so frustrated with them I don't know why I continued to try...

Paulett G Pxp

| map-marker Edison, New Jersey

Stop & Shop Brand No-Salt Rice Cakes

It would appear that Stop & Shop, on RT 27, Franklin Park, NJ, has discontinued the subject brand, which has been replaced by Lundberg Organic Whole Grain Rice Cakes. In my humble opinion, the Stop & Shop No-Salt Rice Cakes brand was a more superior brand. The Lundberg brand crumples, and does not maintain it's structure. Purchasing the Lundberg brand is a waste of money. Would suggest that Stop & Stop, Franklin Park, NJ, begin carrying its No-Salt Rice Cakes product again. Thank you.

User's recommendation: I’m sorry. My issue was about an inquiry and not a complaint. I my intention was not to put Stop & Shop on blast. I obviously made a mistake, and am respectfully declining your request. I am very offended by your use of the terminology “pissed” to describe customer’s complaints. To me, that language is rather crude, crass and classless.

Carol F Vco

| map-marker Fairfield, Connecticut

Cashier. Angowa

Your cashiers for the most part are surly, unhappy people. Today the cashier did not say a word and threw my stuff in my bags. I had a light bulb but she threw that in too. There is no nice customer relations. Not a smile. Shop Rite is the opposite of your stores. This is the first complaint I have made to anyone. You need more training on cashiers and screen them better. Thank you for any help you can do to correct matters.

User's recommendation: Say something do something. Things don’t change by themselves.

Julia G Cci

Recent Instacart delivery

I have used Stop n Shop Peapod for years. Always the best, the truck driver deliveries, amazing.

Recently, youve changed to Instacart.

Ive had many issues with Instacart which is why I always preferred PeaPod truck drivers.

On a recent delivery, your Instacart delivery person smoked marijuana in the car. ALL of my groceries reeked of marijuana. I had to soak all of my fruit and vegetables in the sink and I had to spray and wipe down everything else.

There were 2 people in the car when I ran to check them out. I didnt complain at that moment to them or to you because these people now knew where I lived and I was afraid to complain.

This is unacceptable and I may never use Stop N Shop again.

Preferred solution: A response from them

Guest

They do not belong on the road driving impaired. Next time call the police and report.

Jennifer K Etb

Verified Buyer
| map-marker Milford, Connecticut

Was made fun and insulted by manager

Stop And Shop - Was made fun and insulted by manager
Stop And Shop - Was made fun and insulted by manager - Image 2
Stop And Shop - Was made fun and insulted by manager - Image 3
Stop And Shop - Was made fun and insulted by manager - Image 4
Stop And Shop - Was made fun and insulted by manager - Image 5
Stop And Shop - Was made fun and insulted by manager - Image 6

Im on Social Security disability I have a major anxiety disorder generalized anxiety disorder I have ADHD I have two more disorders. OCD is one of them and I have another disorder.

I dont think I have to tell you all of them but Im on snap my life is been extremely hard, and I also have most importantly is agoraphobia. Sometimes I dont even eat because I cant make it to the food store for days and I love the Stop and shop in Milford Connecticut. Located close to the mall. And usually theres a manager blonde hair.

She wears it in the ponytail taller shes usually the night manager. Shes very understanding and Im open with everybody there that I have a disability and sometimes like tonight they have to say they had to stay less than five minutes later, because my groceries were in my car by 1005 and I took pictures, but theres this one lady her name is Nadia. Shes a night manager she said shes known me for a long time. Well, I hadnt known her she first insulted me by making a scene talking about me standing next to me with another toy there because it was 950 sticks, and I still had some items to check out.

Then she made a comment how you might as well. Call whatever the guys name was now because this lady never gets all her stuff just absolutely blatantly rude I almost started crying in the middle of the store. Then I explain to her because she kept being nasty to me standing in front of me. Ive never felt so insulted by any any worker in any store in all 48 years of my life and not only that, but I have made possibly five complaints in my entire life and honestly theres only one complaint that I remember but just in case theres one or two I forgot because I never make complaints!

But after telling this lady about my disorder, and that I have trouble getting out and its only a few minutes she laughs at in my face! At which point I was shaking uncomfortable felt shamed couldnt believe Im not rude to anybody you know what I am sorry Im not at the store every night and I am sorry I try my best to go during the day but sometimes I cant get out and its really that *** up but Ive been shopping there and Ive lived in Milford my orange in Milford my entire life orange is a neighboring town. Ive shopped at the store, my entire life my parents you stop and shop my family usually Stop & Shop in this area all my friends and , this is unbelievable I was so upset I put the rest of my groceries on the side which usually I I actually never leave extra ones every once in a while there there might be two things that I dont end up getting three tops because I cant find the price or I want them to check it or I dont have enough money at the end, but I put all my own stuff away and I apologize because Im speaking to text because Im still shaking right now Im not even home yet I have never felt more offended in my life and I I dont quite understand how Stop and shop employ somebody Nadia, who it is like I wouldnt remember her, except for I remembered I remembered someone being really rude to me once or twice before at the store for checking out and then having to stay five minutes later, and I feel extremely guilty about that, but if I could, I wouldnt do it just like I dont want to be on disability I dont wanna have any of my disorders any of my troubles none of them but you have not only an employee but a manager then tell me shes known me for a very long time I would not ever have recognized her and literally insult me with other customers all around OK so I wasnt the only one, and if you check back on todays date at the end of the day at night, you will see that there were two other people checking out the same time as me Im sure on your cameras when she was saying that I always leave extra stuff, but I couldnt even buy it at the end because I was shaking so bad and I just I am beside myself what type of person laughs at somebody who has a mental disorder who struggles with me I did the best that I can and I could see if I came there five nights a week and I came in at 9:55 or I bought an entire cart of groceries where shes standing there, saying shes gonna have to help me. I cant do it myself because she cant wait for me.

She is the only person whos ever done this to me in that store the other people even at the deli, they know me theyre nice to me. I am nice to everybody. I am polite to everybody, and this woman was laughing at me when I was telling her about my disorders and I told her I was going to make a complaint also I have never felt more offended in my life. I swear to you never in my life has someone been so blatantly rude and I cant imagine that super Stop and shop when you have a lifetime customers in me in my family and friends and I wonder what theyre going to think now because theyre pretty protective over people who are abusive or taken vantage of me with my disorder, and a lifetime of struggling and I cant imagine that super Stop and shop would want someone to treat a customer that way when I am out of the store by 1005 I usually come once every few weeks, so maybe Im wrong and maybe its too much for five extra minutes because nobody else complains.

Everybody else knows me is nice to me this woman Ive never sorry to repeat myself. Ive just never had anybody look at me with such disgust. Laugh at me when Im trying to tell her whats wrong just blatantly insult me and embarrass me in front of other customers to the point that I emptied the rest of the items in my cart out out and left and Im sorry if theres errors in here cause Im speaking to text but this is all I can handle right now you know not everybody in the world whos on disability is some *** or scam artist some of us just had a rough time and we were bored with this *** and Im not walking in there at five but it was 930 I only used three Stop & Shop bags, so it wasnt that much stuff not to mention I only had $112 and my total was 110 and I shouldnt be crying right now when I actually last week I had my cousins funeral and a family friends funeral so I two funerals last week now thats something to cry about but to be belittled by this woman and I know its happened before I just never make complaints but this was just out of control and I tried to ignore her. I didnt say anything rude its horrific I dont even write bad reviews you could check.

Ive written one bad review in my entire life , so I just hope someones gonna call me back or somethings going to be done because this is not OK. !!!

Preferred solution: I would like to speak to customer service agent about it a manager. I want something to be done.

User's recommendation: If you have any mental disabilities, and you want someone to laugh in your face and soul to you because it takes you a little longer and you have agoraphobia and you can’t get out of your house and she have to stay three minutes later even though I’ve spent a lifetime shopping here, but if you want to be completely embarrassed and insulted by Nadia the rest of the staff is kind, sweet patient and amazing. I only go to places I feel comfortable, but this one woman at 48 years old is the first woman to make me cry. I’ve never had someone be so blatantly rude in my entire life that I didn’t know because they didn’t have the heart to have three minutes of patient.

Guest

" stay less than five minutes later," Because everyone else should have to put their lives on hold for YOU right? I'm sorry, but folks have other things to do than to help you cope with your issues.

How many times will your little 5 minutes take to add up. 5 minutes could mean the difference between seeing a kid to sleep or a mate before they leave on the third shift.

Someone should give that up for you. Get help.....

Guest

Have your stuff delivered and stay home. You're a mess.

View more comments (1)
Kelly Q Vkd

| map-marker Boston, Massachusetts

My stop and shop app is not working

My stop and shop app is not working
I need help fixing my stop and shop app because its not working anymore and I cant use it because it will not let me updated
Patricia M Mqg
map-marker Pawtucket, Rhode Island

Missing items

Original review Mar 14, 2024

I went shopping yesterday at The cottage st. Pawtucket,, RI Stop & Shop.

I spent $512 Around I think $78 it was was on things that were not food. I ended up with three of the items out of I dont know 10 missing about $40 worth of things. I went in there this morning to talk to the manager With both my food card and my card that I used to pay for the items with me, I did not have the receipt but they did not even scan the credit card to see what I was talking about. I could list off the items I was missing as well.

They had me sitting there for over five minutes. and not want to complain at all things are very expensive these days and I definitely 1000% paid for these things and didnt even realize I was missing them until the place was closed. I was in there at 8 oclock and I had bags at the bottom of my stairs I live at the second floor, and it took me a little while to get everything up by the time I realized it they were closed. I ended up with the conditioner, but not the shampoo that That I bought with it, They did absolutely nothing for me and put their hands up.

I will not be shopping there ever again! I understand that there are some people out there that do some things to get free things, but I am not one of them. Ive been in the food business for 22 years at Restaurants And bars and a venue hall. I spent $512.

They didnt even try to help me at all. I am very upset about it.

also, the manager didnt even have the courtesy to come downstairs and talk to me, face-to-face. Which I found disgusting they were just like we dont have anything, So either they gave it to the person after me or they put it back, and I paid for it 1000%..

Loss:
Cons:
  • Poor customer
  • Service and management skills

Preferred solution: The things I paid for

User's recommendation: they could’ve clearly done several things to remedy the situation. They didn’t even run my card to see what the slip was. I could tell them how much the entire amount was minus the change and the items I was missing. I don’t know maybe they Could have Given me a card with $40 on it or something to buy the things that I clearly paid for. You can tell when people are telling the truth, and I am not want to lie. And I never make a complaint this is the first one I’ve ever made because I am upset about it because things are not cheap these days.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article